Thursday 8 March 2018

My reading wheel

Today everyone I'm going to tell you the maths and book work I did!

The difference between radius a sector and a diameter is that the radius starts from the middle to the side. A sector is like a slice of pie or pizza. And a diameter will go from one side all the way to the other. But the way I learnt this was by making a reading wheel with six sectors! One for radius one for sectors and one diameter! But on the other side was about a book named The Ballad of Footrot Flats. It’s a book about a man named Wal Footrot, his grandfather was a land thief so during the book a biker gang stole his dog. This mainly takes place on a HUGE bridge that Wal has to jump off to get his dog back. My favourite part is when he jumps off to save his dog and what's really cool about it is that he didn't use a bungee rope! And that's the maths and reading work I have done this week I hope you enjoyed!  





2 comments:

  1. Alfie,
    I was interested to read that your circle has six sectors. Why did you decide to have six and how did you think about making each sector the same size?

    The favourite part in the story sounds like a wonderful adventure.

    Thanks for sharing your learning.

    Storm :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Alfie
    Well done. You have worked really well throughout this task. I really liked the way you shared your maths learning involved with this reading task. Enjoy reading The Ballad of Footrot Flats.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.